Red Root Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- shallots, peeled and chopped
- carrots, chopped (no need to peel)
- beets, peeled and chopped
- russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- leeks, rinsed and chopped (white parts)
- 1 c
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 c
- chicken broth
- 4 c
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Tbsp
- nonfat plain yogurt, for garnish
1Place all ingredients (except milk, curry powder and yogurt) in a large soup pot. Cook 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
2Puree vegetables and broth, in batches, in a blender. (Leave some chunks in one batch).
3Return to pan and add milk and curry powder. Simmer until heated through.
4Ladle into six bowls and top each with a tablespoon of yogurt for garnish.