Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 28 oz
- tomatoes, canned italian-style and diced
- 2 c
- 1 can(s)
- garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c
- dried rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 c
- low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 c
- chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2-3 c
- baby spinach
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
1In a Dutch Oven combine tomatoes, water, garbanzo beans, pasta, broth, sweet pepper and Italian seasoning.
2Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender, stirring occasionally.
3Stir spinach into soup.
4If desired, top ladled soup with shaved Parmesan cheese.
5TIP: For a heartier version of this soup, substitute browned Italian Sausage or cut-up cooked chicken for the garbanzo beans. Vary the greens by swapping chopped fresh chard or kale for the spinach.