Potato and Mushroom Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 kg
- 2lb 3oz. potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 250 g
- 9oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 60 g
- about 2oz. butter
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 tsp
- basil, dried
- 1 1/2 l
- = 1.58 quarts. chicken stock
- 1 c
- 1 cup = 8.8 fluid oz cream or 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste.
- chopped parsley
1Heat butter and oil in a heavy based pot, add garlic and stir.
Add potatoes and mushrooms& cook,stirring until lightly golden brown.
2Add salt pepper and basil. Gradually stir in the the stock.
Bring to boil reduce heat and gently simmer with the lid on for 20-25 min.
3Fold in the cream and heat but do not boil.
Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.