Daily Inspiration S
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2 lb
- swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic chopped
- 16-oz. can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 16-oz. can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 - 1 c
- reserved cooking liquid
- 2 lb
- potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 oz
- cheese of your choice such as gruyere
- add additional liquid (or chicken broth) as needed (according to your preference)
1Combine swiss chard and 1/4 cup water in a large dutch oven; tightly packed leaves and cover. Cook over medium heat until volume is reduced by half. Drain in colander, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2Heat oil over medium high heat and brown sausage - turning frequently - about 4 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in beans and tomatoes with juice, breaking up the tomatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
3Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in swiss chard with reserved cooking liquid (add additional cooking liquid if needed), potatoes, and red pepper. Cover and cook 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Sir cheese into minestra; remove from heat and let stand until cheese is partially melted, about 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls.