Mexican Soup w/ Sweet Potato
- 2 tsp
- oil, veg., or olive
- small onion, chopped
- large sweet potato (12 oz.), peeled and cout into 1/2 in. pieces
- 14 1/2 oz each chicken broth
- tsp. ground cumin, or a little more if you like the stronger cumin taste
- 11 oz. can corn niblets, drained
- cup ild or medium salsa of your choice
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- garnish with sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro(optional)
177 cal.,6g pro.,32g carb., 5g fiber., 3g fat, 0g sat fat,0mg chol., 974mg sod
2) Add sweet potato, chicken broth and cumin; cover and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Whith immersion blender,(or as I call mine.. the Boat Motor)..process soup until smooth. *If using a countertop blender, cool sweet potato mixture 10 minutes, then blend in 2 batches.
3) Stir in corn, salsa, tomato sauce and black beans. Simmer covered for 5 minutes to blend flavors. Serve with sour cream and cilantro, if going to use.