Lynn's Cheesy Vegetable Soup
Made a big pot of this today..picture shown is my own.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 qt
- chicken stock (not chicken broth...)
- potatoes.. peeled and diced
- stalks of celery, chopped
- carrots (medium) pared and sliced
- 10 ounce bag of frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)
- 10 ounce bag of frozen chopped cauliflower (thawed)
- small can of corn (drained)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (do not dilute)
- 1 pound of velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
1Getting started prepare all the vegetable per directions..chopped or diced and set aside.
2In a large pot (I use a ceramic cast iron soup kettle) place butter and heat till melted, add onion...cook until onions are slightly translucent. Now add Chicken stock, celery, carrots...allow to simmer until celery and carrots are barely tender, then add potatoes and cook again until potatoes are barely tender, now add the frozen broccoli, cauliflower (I cut up all the broccoli and cauliflower to remove any stems, and cut into small pieces) and corn, continue to simmer until veggies are done then add the two cans of soup...blend well with whisk, once soup is incorporated well in with the chicken stock and vegetables, add the cheese cubes and continue to stir until all the cheese is completely melted and is blended thoroughly in the soup. Check for tenderness of the vegetables...remove from stove and serve immediately.
3Note: I have found that using Chicken stock versus chicken broth gives it a much richer flavor over all.