Healing Vegetable Soup
Visit my food blog for more recipes and thoughts from my kitchen!
Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic or 6 garlic cloves, minced
- carrots, chopped
- stalks of celery, chopped
- red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 c
- sweet potato or regular potato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 c
- water or vegetable stock (i always use filtered water and my soups always turn out)
- handfuls of herbs on hand: basil, parsley, dill, thyme - if using fresh, chop and add towards the end. i always add dried herbs at the beginning. taste throughout and add more herbs.
1Heat a large soup pot on medium and add oil. Let heat for a few minutes. Add chopped onion and a pinch of salt. Let cook down for a few minutes until onion is soft. Add remaining vegetables, dried herbs, salt and pepper and let cook down for about 10 minutes or so.
2Add liquid of choice and turn the heat up to high. Bring to a boil. Once it is boling, cover with a lid and reduce heat to medium/low. Stir occasionally. Let cook for about an hour or so. You can always add more liquid if it becomes too thick. For this vegetable soup, you want it to be rather liquidy.
3Don't forget to taste throughout the cooking time to see if it needs more seasonings. Also, add fresh herbs when it is almost done. Parsley is amazing in this soup, along with dill.