Ham and Potato Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- minced ham
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon drippings
- 4 medium
- potatoes,peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- chicken bouillon cubes
- 4-6 c
- water ( or chicken stock in place of water and bouillon cubes)
- 2-3 c
- instant potato flakes, dry
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 c
- hot milk
- you can use fresh garlic and onion. i have to use the powder so my husband and children doesn't know it's in there.
1Place bacon drippings and ham into large stock pot,cook until caramelized.Remove from pot.
2Add 4 cups of the water and bouillon cubes or your chicken stock if you're using that, to the same pot.You may need the other 2 cups of water or stock if your soup gets to thick.
3Place potatoes into the pot,add salt,pepper,garlic and onion powders and cook until tender.
4Heat milk,add to cooked potatoes slowly add instant potatoes,starting with 2 cups,stirring constantly.If you want the soup thicker, add more instant potatoes.
5Add your ham back into soup.Serve hot with shredded cheese or as is. Enjoy!