Creamy Roasted Winter Vegetable Soup or Chowder
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 small
- potatoes (i used russet) peeled and cut into chunks
- sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small
- head of cauliflower, cut into chunks
- head of broccoli, cut into chunks
- leeks, white part only, rinsed well and sliced
- medium onion, cut into chunks
- 3 large
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large
- carrot, cut into chunks
- stalk celery, cut inot chunks
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- dried sage
- 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder
- large pinch kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 qt
- vegetable broth
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 c
- defrosted frozen corn
11. Put all vegetables in a large roasting pan and toss with olive oil, herbs and spices.
2Pour in 1 cup veg. broth and 1/2 cup wine
3Roast at 400 degrees stirring occasionally until vegetables are fork tender and slightly brown. (40 minutes to 1 hour)
4In a large dutch oven or soup pot heat 2 tbls butter.
Add roasted vegetables making sure to get all of the good juices and scrapings from the bottom of the roasting pan. Next add the remainder of 1 qt of vegetable broth bring to a simmer, then puree with an immersion blender or in small batches in a blender. If it seems too thick thin down with more broth.
5Add one cup milk and one cup of defrosted corn and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
At this point if you like hot sauce ( we use tabasco) add to taste. Sometimes I add a little curry powder at this point instead of tabasco. Either hot sauce or curry could be added to the bowls of those eating the soup.