Bavarian Wurst Haus Berliner Potato Leek Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 leeks (white part only, finely sliced)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 large potatoes, (peeled and diced)
- 4 cups veal or beef stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch white pepper
1Melt butter in large soup pot. Add leeks and onion. Slowly saute until soft but not browned. Add potatoes and stock. Add salt and marjoram.
Bring to boil. Boil slowly 30 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer, add half-and-half and simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add heavy cream and white pepper just before serving.