Vegetable Soup ~ No Meat
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- medium red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp
- crushed garlic
- 1 lb. bag(s)
- frozen mixed vegetables (can use soup vegetables)
- potato, cubed
- 2 c
- shredded cabbage (1/4 head or use cole slaw mix)
- 2 c
- shredded kale
- 1 14.5 oz can(s)
- fire-roasted salsa-style diced tomatoes
- 4 1/2 c
- packets swanson beef flavor boost
- packets swanson vegetable flavor boost
- 1 tsp
- pepper to taste
1In a large saucepan, cook onion in olive oil until translucent.
2Add garlic, frozen vegetables, potato cubes, cabbage and kale and cook for about 5 minutes.
3Add the rest of the ingredients.
4Simmer for at least an hour or until vegetables are cooked as you like them.
5Flavor boost packets make a nice broth and you can add more water and packets if you increase the other ingredients. Substitute other vegetables, tomato varieties, or add pasta, beans or other spices to taste.