Granny's Garden Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 can(s)
- large size, whole or crushed tomatoes
- celery stalks
- large carrots
- large white or yellow onion
- large bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- teaspoon dried basil or1 tablespoon diced fresh basil
- teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 table spoon diced fresh oregano
- 2 pinch
- black pepper
- cabbage head, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- beef base or bullion
1Open two large cans or whole or crushed tomatoes and pour into a large soup pot.
2rinse to cans with 1/2 cup of water each and add to the soup pot. Add one heaping tablespoon of beef soup base or bullion.
Set pot on the stove and set to low heat,
3clean core and chop the cabbage, peel the onion and carrots
4chop the carrots, celery, cabbage and onions thick or thin depending on how you like it, (I like big spoon-sized pieces)and add to the soup pot
5start cooking on medium-high heat until the soup starts to boil.
6add frozen mixed vegetables, pepper, basil and oregano, return to a boil, cover and allow to simmer for up to two hours. (I like my veggies crispier so I don't cook quite as long)