Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion(about 1/2 small onion)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 - 6 cups of chicken broth or 4 - 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 - 14 ounce can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounce box frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese(optional)
1In a soup pot heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and garlic stirring often until the onions are translucent, about 5 - 7 minutes.
2Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up high and bring to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to the package instructions.
3When tortellini are almost done, add the spinach and taste to adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
4Serve immediately and garnish with parmesan cheese.