Tater Tot Soup
Jo Ann Duren
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- stalks celery diced small
- large onion diced small
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 7 c
- hot water
- 2 c
- cold water
- 1/2 c
- knorr brand powdered chicken bouillon
- large 2 pound bag frozen tater tots
- 1 lb
- velveeta cheese cut in cubes
- country white gravy mix (2 cup size)
- 2 c
- milk (less or more for desired thickness)
- sliced green onion
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits
1In large pot saute celery and onion in butter until veggies are soft.
2Add 7 cups hot water and bring to a boil.
3Add bouillon and whisk to blend well, then add tater tots.
4Keep soup at a boil.
5In small bowl mix 2 cups cold water with gravy mix and whisk until smooth.
6Add this to boiling soup; stir well so it doesn't stick to bottom.
7Reduce heat and stir in cubed cheese.
8Add milk to desired thickness.
9Do not over cook because it will scorch and stick to bottom of pot.
10Once cheese is melted and blended in, soup should be done.
11You can stir bacon bits and green onion into soup or you can use as topping for each bowl when serving.