Potatoes & Ham Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- serving 6-8 ingredients: 3) cups of diced (red) potatoes (i like to cut some small to break up for thicker soup) 1/2) cup of diced celery 1/3) cup of diced onions 1 cup of diced carrots 1) cup of diced cooked ham 4) cups of water 2) cups of chicken b
11. Combine the potatoes, celery, carrots, onions, ham and water in a 4-6 quart stockpot; bring to slow rolling boil for 20 minutes or until carrots, potatoes are tender (stir a little more than usual to soften the small cut potatoes).
2. Stir in the two cups of chicken broth, salt & pepper
3. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium/low heat; add flour slowly & whisk in to a smooth texture for 1 ½ minutes: then slowly (Texas slow) pour in the milk (you might want to turn down heat one notch) and stir constantly until thick (you will see it begin to happen in about 3 (minutes) this is where you really whisk for another two minutes.
4. Stir in the milk mixture (Texas slow) into stockpot and blend in and cook for five minutes: Then watch out for the stampede to the table.