Chicken Corn Chowder
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 lb
- ham or bacon,cooked, cubed or crumbled
- shallots chopped or 1/2 tsp. onion powder. my husband cannot tolerate onion so i substitute although you can use 1 large onion chopped
- ribs celery sliced add 3 celery hearts chopped including leaves
- potatoes quarted with skins on
- 3 c
- chicken stock
- 24 oz
- frozen corn
- 2 c
- half and half
- 1/4 c
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
11. Cube the chicken and place in a plastic bag with 3 TBl. of seasoned flour. Close and shake. Put olive oil in a skillet and heat. Add chicken and brown.
22. Add onion and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes stirring often.
33. Add chicken stock, celery and potatoes and cook until the potatoes are done about 20 min. When the potatoes are done mash coarsely.
44. Add corn and pork and heat 5 min. stirring occasionally. Heat Half and Half with butter and add to the chowder. Salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.