Cazuela de Ave (Chilean Chicken Stew)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pieces of chicken, on bone recommended
- 3 c
- butternut squash, in 1" cubes
- potatoes, small, peeled
- pieces corn on the cob, 2" each
- carrots, cut into 1" chunks
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- hot cooked rice
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- minced, fresh cilantro to be authentic or minced, fresh parsley
1In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, place the chicken, squash, potatoes, corn, carrots and broth; bring to a boil.
2Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
3Serve over rice in a shallow soup bowl. Serve with hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and cilantro or parsley.