Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- bay leaves
- 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 c
- chopped drained roasted red peppers from a jar
- (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 2 c
- 1" cubes country-style bread - not the fluffy stuff
- 3 Tbsp
- coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Transfer to a plate. Reduce heat to low and let oil cool for 1 minute; add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 30–60 seconds
Add reserved chicken with any accumulated juices, along with bay leaves and 4 cups water.
Transfer chicken to a plate
Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; simmer for 1 minute.
Ladle soup over.
Garnish with parsley.