Traditional Dublin Coddle
My dad would make this for us growing up when times were rough financially and would serve it with his infamous Irish soda bread.
If the dish has been cooked, or "coddled" properly, it should be thick.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- good quality pork sausages (you may substitute turkey or chicken sausage for a healthier alternative)
- onions, sliced
- black pepper
- leeks, some green tops included, sliced
- bay leaves
- sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley
- garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- potatoes, such as russets, peeled and cut into 2 or 3 large chunks
- 3 c
- ham or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp
- soda bread, to serve (optional)
Cook your bacon until it just starts to crisp. Drain on paper towels. Slice in half widthwise and set aside. Reserve fat.