The Best Corn Chowder
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- celery, diced
- 8 c
- potatoes, diced
- 2 c
- onions, chopped
- 32 oz
- low sodium chicken broth
- 8 slice
- salt pork bacon, diced
- 4 oz can(s)
- chopped green chilis, drained
- ears of fresh corn, removed from the cob
- 1 qt
- 1/8 tsp
- crushed red pepper, add more to taste
- salt to tasted
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick
- cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish
- 4 - 6 slice
- cooked bacon, crumbled for garnish
- 6 Tbsp
- instant mashed potatoes to thicken
1Sautee the chopped salt pork until done. Remove most of the fat leaving about 2 tablespoons.
Add the onions and celery sauté until tender.
2Add chicken broth to the pot, then the potatoes and cook until tender. Do not over cook.
3Add the corn and cook about 5 to 7 mins.
TIP: I have started removing corn from the cob with my electric knife.
4Add the half and half along with the butter and all spices. Add the instant mashed potatoes to thicken. Simmer on low until the flavors marry.
5Serve this with bacon and cheddar cheese garnish.