Roasted New York Apple and Squash Soup
There’s nothing better for lunch than an easy-to-make, delicious soup, like this one. It is so tasty. The roasted apples provide the sweetness to this delicious and good for you soup.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 empire apples cored and quartered
- 1 large winter squash (2 ½ pounds) cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cajun rub to taste
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- dollop of pesto (garnish)
1Preheat oven to 400
2In large roasting pan, toss squash, onions, garlic and apples with the oil to coat.
3Season well with salt and Cajun rub.
4Roast, stirring every 10 minutes until vegetables are fork tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
5Put half the vegetables with 2 cups stock in a food processor and puree to smooth.
6Take the other half and combine with 2 more cups of broth.
7Return puree mixture to the pot. If the soup is too thick, add more broth.
8Serve with a dollop of Pesto on top.