Portuguese Kale Soup- Gaspar's Recipe
Great linguica recipes. Try this and let me know if you liked it.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- linguica (or chourico) sausage
- shank meat or chuck roast (optional)
- 2 tsp
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp
- 2 bunch
- fresh kale, chopped (or 4 boxes frozen kale)
- head cabbage, shredded (optional)
- 1 or 2 can(s)
- 20 oz. each, kidney beans
- potatoes, peeled and diced
1Place linguica or chourico (and meat if used) in a pot. Add red pepper, onion and salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until meat is almost done.
2Add kale, cabbage if desired, and kidney beans to broth. When kale is about half-cooked, add potatoes and simmer an additional 30 minutes.