Hearty Ham And Collard Stew
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 large
- sweet onion, diced ( about 1/2 cups )
- celery ribs, diced
- 8oz. lean ham steak, diced
- 1 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 14oz. can fat free chicken broth
- 29oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb
- package fresh collard greens, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 16oz. cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1Saute diced onion, diced celery, and diced ham in hot vegetable oil in a large dutch oven over medium high heat 8 minutes or until onion is tender.
2Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and chopped collard greens; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes.
3Stir in beans, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.