Chorizo and Hominy Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 carrot & 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tbls ground cumin
- 1 32oz container chicken broth
- 1 29oz can white hominy, rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
1In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over med/high heat. Add the Chorizo, carrots, celery and garlic.
2Cook until the vegetables are slightly softened about 5 min. Add the cumin and stir occasionally for 3 min.
3Stir in the chicken broth and hominy and simmer for 20-25min, or until the vegetables are tender. Top with cilantro and serve with the warm tortillas.