Yosenabe (Simmered Seafood and Vegetables)
A Japanese soup. This called for red snapper or bream, but I like it with tilapia.
- 1 lb
- tilapia fillets, thick
- lobster tail (the meat of)
- 1 c
- cooked cellophane noodles
- 8 c
- chicken stock
- carrots, peeled and sliced in "coins"
- 1 small
- piece kombu (kelp seaweed), optional
- soy sauce, to taste
- a handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- green onions, cut into bite-sized pieces
1Wash fish and cut into 1 inch pieces. With a sharp knife remove lobster meat from tail and cut into slices, then cut each slice in half.
2Drain noodles and cut into short lengths. Put into saucepan with stock and carrots, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes before adding kombu and soy sauce.
3Simmer a further 2 minutes, then add fish and lobster, spinach leaves, mushrooms and green onions. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until everything is done.
4Serve in soup bowls.