Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- fresh haddock
- 3 c
- cold water
- 1/4 lb
- fat salt pork, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- medium onions, finely chopped or sliced
- medium potatoes, diced into 1/2 - inch cubes, or enough to make 2 cups
- 4 c
- milk, heated but not boiled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp
1Cover haddock with the cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until just tender and fish begins to break apart.
2Remove fish from water, saving the cooking broth.
3Let cool. Fry salt pork until brown and crisp. Add onions and cook untik soft.
4Add broth and potatoes, and simmer until potatoes are done. Add fish chunks.
5Add milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Add butter and remove from heat. Cool 1 to 2 hours.
6Reheat just to boiling point before serving, without stirring, so the fish will remain in chunks.