Rice is the secret ingredient for creating a creamy texture without the extra fat and calories.Points value: two Source: unknown
- cooking spray
- one package pre-chopped celery, onion, and bell pepper mix, 8 ounces
- 1/2 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- one can diced fire roasted tomatoes, undrained, 14.5 ounces
- one half of an 8.8 ounce package of pre-cooked long grain white rice, such as minute ready to serve.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley sprigs, optional
- reduced fat sour cream, optional
1heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add celery mix and sun-dried tomatoes; cook, stirring often, five minutes or until tender. Stir in broth and next four ingredients; cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
2Place half of tomato mixture in a blender. Remove centerpiece of blender lid to allow steam to escape. Secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid splatters. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture. Return soup to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for two minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish with parsley and sour cream, if desired. Serves four.
About this Recipe
Course/Dish: Cream Soups