Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Potato Soup
- 8 slice
- 3 c
- onion, chopped
- 10 medium
- potatoes, washed, skinned, and cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 medium
- celery stalks, chopped
- 8 c
- chicken stock or progresso chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 3 c
- 16 oz
- shredded cheddar cheese (or american and cheddar cheese blend)
- 1 c
- carrots, diced (optional)
2. Drain cooked bacon on paper towels and then refrigerate for further use as topping.
3. In same skillet (bacon was fried in previously), fry the onion in the remaining bacon grease over medium heat for 4 or 5 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is tender.
4. Spray 6 quart crock pot with cooking spray and add onion, potatoes, celery, carrots (optional), broth, salt, and pepper..stir them together.
5. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6-7 hours.
6. In small bowl, beat flour and half-and-half with wire whisk until well blended and lump free.
7. Stir the flour mixture into the soup.
8. Increase heat setting to HIGH setting, then cover, and cook for another 30 minutes longer or until thickened.
9. Stir in cheese until well melted and crumble bacon and sprinkle it over top. Enjoy!