Laura Young @ladyofthelake
We enjoy this soup when the weather starts to turn cooler and we want a good "comfort food".
- 6 large
- russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cube
- 1 large
- onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 can(s)
- (14-0unce can) chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can(s)
- water, as needed
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 c
- whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 c
- (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives
- (8 ounce) container sour cream (optional)
- 4 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
1Combine first 7 ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker.
Add garlic or garlic powder to taste.
2Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 8 hours or
until potato is tender.
3Mash some of the potatoes to thicken soup; stir in
cream, cheese, and chives.
4Top with sour cream, if desired, and sprinkle with
bacon and Cheddar Cheese before serving.