Cheesy Cream of Potato Soup
I love all the creamy potato soups you get in restaurants, so I came home one day and just started experementing. This is what I came up with and everyone loves it.
- 8 medium
- potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 slice
- bacon (fried and crumbled)
- chicken boullion cubes
- 1 medium
- onion (diced)
- 2 can(s)
- evaporated milk (not sweet condensed, i use fat free)
- 1 to 2 can(s)
- campbells cheddar soup (depending on how cheesy you like it)
- baby carrots (diced, optional)
- 1 can(s)
- mushrooms (chopped, optional)
- parsley flakes for color
- salt & pepper to taste
1In large pot over medium heat cook bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside. I slice my bacon in small pieces before I fry it.
2Add chopped onion to bacon grease and cook until transparent and it starts to brown around the edges.
3Add potatoes and carrots with just enough water to cover them. Boil until tender. At this point you can remove about half of the water.
4Add evaporated milk and cheddar cheese soup and simmer on low. Then enjoy, like I do, with a few croutons on top.