Brie Soup au Sherry
This unusual soup is rich and wonderful.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 large wheel (about 2 1/2 lbs. ) brie cheese, crust removed
- 1 quart hot chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienne carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
1Dissolve Brie in hot chicken stock in large heavy pan. Strain.
2Melt butter in Dutch oven over low heat while cheese is dissolving. Add mushrooms, carrots, and green onions; sauté til tender. Add cheese mixture. Stir in sherry and cream. Note: If thicker soup is desired, gradually stir 1 cup hot soup into 1 Tbsp. flour. Return to soup and stir til thickened. Serves 4 to 6
About this Recipe
Course/Dish: Cream Soups