Boursin Potato Soup with Bacon and Chives
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 strips thick sliced bacon, halved on the bias
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs. gold potatoes, such as yukon gold, or klondike, peeled and diced (6 to 8 cups)
- 1 pkg. garlic and fine herbs boursin cheese, crumbled, 5.3 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
1Cook bacon in large pot til crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate; reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings.
2Sweat onions, celery, carrot and garlic in drippings in same pot over medium heat til onions soften, 5 minutes.
3Add broth, water and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer til potatoes are fork tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
4Pulse soup with handheld blender til partially pureed. Stir in cheese til it melts. Simmer soup 1 to 2 minutes more; season with salt and pepper
5Garnish each serving with bacon and chives. Serves 4