Slow-cooker Veggie Chili (Rainbow Chili)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 8 oz
- dry black beans, sorted and rinsed
- 8 oz
- dry red beans, sorted and rinsed
- 8 oz
- dry northern beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- large red onion, chopped
- leek, chopped (optional)
- green onions
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- chili powder (..more to taste!)
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- oregano, dried
- sm red bell pepper, chopped
- sm yellow/orange bell pepper (..or half of each for added color!)
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen corn
- 28 oz
- can crushed tomatoes
- 1 pkg
- (= 1 lb), tvp
- water to cover, plus, two vegetarian vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3/4 tsp
- sea salt (..or to taste.)
1Boil beans in large pot for three mins, remove from heat, cover, and let sit for one hour.
2Meanwhile, put olive oil, onions, garlic, and peppers into slow cooker (no need to pre-cook anything; that’s why I use a slow-cooker!).
3When beans are ready, drain, rinse and add to slow-cooker along with all other ingredients.
4Cover and cook on LOW, 6+ hours, stirring and adding water as necessary.
5Serve with desired toppings.
6Serve over brown rice, or with hot, out-of-the-oven cornbread! YUMMY!
7This makes a lot of chili! Invite a bunch of friends over, or freeze leftovers for later!