Nevada Annie's Championship Chili
If you haven't had this chili, once you try it, you'll admit it is worth the extra effort involved in making this large pot of chili.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- medium onions, chopped
- medium bell peppers, chopped
- large stalks of celery, chopped
- small cloves garlic, minced
- small fresh jalapeno, sliced
- 8 lb
- lean ground beef
- (4 ounce) can green chiles
- (14.5 ounce) cans stewed, diced tomatoes
- (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- (3 ounce) bottles of chili powder
- 2 Tbsp
- tobasco sauce to taste
- bay leaves
- garlic salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- ( 12 ounce) can of beer---- you drink the other half!
- 12 (ounce) bottle of mineral water.
1Saute first 5 ingredients 5 minutes on medium heat. Add meat and brown. Add remaining ingredients including 1/2 can of beer. Add enough water just to cover the top of your ingredients in the pot. Cook about 3 hours on low heat; stir often.
Makes 24 or more servings. Freezes well.
Worth it to make this delcious chili.
Remember, tis a snap to prep this dish when using an electric knife.