My Best Venison Chili Ever!!!!!! YUM!!!!!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- venison, ground
- 1/2 medium
- red onion, chopped
- hot cherry peppers, chopped
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c
- sliced portabella mushrooms, a little thick
- 1-2 Tbsp
- chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp
- cumin, ground (or to taste)
- 1 qt
- jar of chipotle tomatoes (i used my own home canned, see note below)
- 1 pt
- salsa with corn, peppers, black beans in it (i used my own home canned)
- 1 can(s)
- reduced sodium black beans, well drained
- 1 can(s)
- reduced sodium red kidney beans, well drained
1I made this chili over the fire in my openhearth fireplace. You can either do it over a camp fire or on your stove top in a heavy dutch oven kettle. The kettle I used is called a round bottom kettle and it makes the best stews, soups and chiles!
2Crumble the venison in your kettle, add the onions and cook until no pink is showing and onions are tender, add your peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook until they are slightly tender.
3Next add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Cook on medium low heat for at least an hour or longer. (Stirring occasionally) The longer it slow cooks the better it will taste!
4Note: If you do not can your own tomatoes, get the low sodium kind and you can add chipotle pepper to them.
Additional Note: You can add all these ingredients together, after you brown the meat and tenderize the veggies, and put in your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.