Chicken Chili Stew
I personally think it's odd to have chunk chicken in chili, but that's just me. My husband and oldest son RAVED about it after I finished and said it was better than my usual version. So I thought I'd share!
- 3 medium
- cubed, skinless chicken breast halves (i used 4 large cans of chunk chicken i was saving to make chicken salad with)
- 1 medium
- diced onion
- 2 clove
- minced garlic (i used 2tbs from a jar)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil (or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 medium
- bell peppers (one red, one green)
- 2 can(s)
- 15oz canned stewed tomatoes (i used 1 large can and 1 regular can)
- 1 can(s)
- 15oz pinto beans (i used 2 cans)
- 3/4 c
- picante sauce (i used a little over 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
**NOTE: THIS RECIPE CALLS FOR 1/2 TEASPOON OF SALT, BUT I OMITTED IT BECAUSE CHILI POWDER ALREADY HAS SALT IN IT. I LIKE TO KEEP OUR SODIUM AS LOW AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT SACRIFICING TASTE. BUT IT'S UP TO YOU...
EASIEST DISH EVER!! Add some cornbread and a salad and you've got a good meal!