Thai Shrimp Soup -Tom Yum Goon !
This is a habit forming soup that cures the sniffles and makes you want to make it, often. IF you dont like shrimp-then use chicken that is called 'Tom Yum Gai'.
- 4 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- 2 qt
- 2 pkg
- or cubes chicken bouillion (or shrimp bouillion)
- 2 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 2 medium
- chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb
- medium shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 tsp
- cayaenne pepper (more to taste if desired)
- 1-2 tsp
- lemongrass seasoning (sold in tubes in grocery store in produce section)
- 1/2 pkg
- 8 oz white fresh mushrooms-cut in quarters
- 1/2 c
- chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh cilantro
1Begin by shelling the raw shrimp and chop the tomatoes and the mushrooms.Set these aside. Bring water and bouillion to boil.
2Add the lemongrass and fish sause to the bouilion water and continue to boil- add the lime juice. Add the cayaene pepper to the water and add the tomatoes. Let this boil for a minute and add the chopped mushrooms.
3Turn the soup mixture off and add the raw , peeled and deveined shrimp to the hot soup-but do not boil- just cover and prepare to serve. Top with chopped cilantro.