Sweet Potato Chicken Soup with Barley
Michelle Bersani =^..^=
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- spanish onion, peeled and diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 c
- celery, diced
- 3 c
- carrots, sliced
- parsnips, grated
- 4 large
- sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/4 c
- pearl barley, uncooked
- 2 1/2 - 3 qt
- chicken stock (or broth)
- 3 c
- boneless chicken breast, poached and diced
- 1/4 c
- fresh dill, chopped
- kosher salt & fresh groud pepper, to taste
1Heat the olive oil in a large heavy stock pot.
2Saute garlic, onions, celery and carrot for 8 minutes.
3Add parsnips, barley, chicken and chicken stock.
4Bring to a boil; simmer on medium-high heat for 30 minutes.
5Add the sweet potatoes and cook an additional 30 minutes.
6Add dill and season with salt and pepper.