Nana's Chicken Soup with a lil of me thrown in
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 lb
- chicken, in parts
- 2 large
- onions, halved
- stalk celery, cut into bite sizes
- bag carrots, chopped into bite sizes
- 4 clove
- chopped garlic
- boullion cubes
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 packet of goya sazon con azafran
- cooked egg noodles, orzos, rice or whatever pasta you like
- you can also use diced potatoes (we just dont like them in our chicken soup
1In large pot cover chicken with water. Cook for about one hour on medium heat until chicken is tender and falling off bones.
2Remove chicken and bones from pot. Add onion ( i use them halved so they are easy for mom to remove, but you can chop them)celery, carrots,garlic,and seasonings. Add bouillion according to taste. My family likes it strong so I add all four. Add water, or can of chicken broth making sure there is plenty of liquid. Allow to simmer
3Cut chicken into bite size pieces, and add to simmering pot. (you can also add potatoes, my family does not like potatoes in their chicken soup so I do not)
4Make sure there is plenty of liquid in pot to cover ingredients well. Simmer for a half an hour or so. Adjusting seasonings to taste.
5Put cooked noodles in bowls and ladle soup on top.