You can make this recipe using ground chicken or ground beef. If you're using chicken, use chicken broth. If you're using beef, use beef broth.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with garlic bread.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground chicken or ground beef
- 2 c
- uncooked elbow macaroni
- 28 oz
- can of plum tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- of italian style stewing tomatoes
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 16 oz
- frozen vegetable mix, thawed
- 32 oz
- chicken broth (use beef broth if using ground beef)
- cooking oil to brown meat
- salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- parmesan cheese to garnish
1Brown ground meat in pan with chopped onions and garlic over medium heat. (If using ground beef, drain beef after browning). Lightly sprinkle salt, black powder, and garlic powder over meat.
You may omit the salt if you're trying to cut back on sodium or are using a chicken broth that is already salty.