Green Chicken Enchilada Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- teaspoons olive oil
- yellow onion, diced
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- teaspoons minced garlic
- oz can green chili enchilada sauce
- 10 1/2
- oz heart healthy cream of chicken condensed soup
- oz chicken broth
- cans (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4 oz) cans of green chilies
- teaspoon ground cumin
- tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- green onions, diced (optional)
- roma tomates, chopped (optional)
- black olives, sliced (optional)
- shredded cheese (cheddar/mexican blend)
1Heat olive oil in a large soup pot medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute until tender.
2Place chicken breasts skin-side down in the pan with the onions. Cook about 5 minutes to allow to brown a little, and then flip chicken over. Stir garlic into the onions and allow to cook for about one minute.
3Pour in enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, pinto beans, and cumin. Add about a cup of water. Stir together. Bring to a simmer.
4Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for at least 40 minutes or up to two hours. Check the soup occasionally to be sure it stays at a low simmer.
5Before serving, carefully remove chicken breasts. Shred meat with two forks, and add it back to the pot. Return to a low simmer to heat the chicken before serving. Serve with various toppings and enjoy!