Gina's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken breasts - bone in, skin on
- 1 c
- celery, finely chopped
- 1 c
- carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- onion - finely minced
- 1 stalk(s)
- rosemary, fresh and chopped
- leaves of sage, fresh and chopped
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- enough water to cover chicken in large pot
- 26 oz
- chicken stock
- recipe of grandma's homemade noodles (another recipe that i have shared here)
1In a large pot, cover chicken with water and bring to a boil.
2Add all ingredients, except noodles.
3Simmer for an hour, or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is falling off and the meat is pulling away from the bone.
4Remove chicken to a cutting board and remove all skin, bone and fatty parts. Chop chicken and return to pot.
5Add noodles and boil for 45 minutes to an hour, or until noodles are tender.
6NOTE: Once noodles are done, you can easily convert this into thick and creamy chicken and noodles by adding corn starch. I then serve that over hot mashed potatoes.