Chicken, Corn and Black Bean Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 8 oz
- cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 can(s)
- black beans
- 1 c
- fresh corn cut from two ears of corn
- 2 tsp
- annatto paste (available in the spanish foods section of the grocery store)
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 tsp
- dried cilantro (or use 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz
- cheddar or monterey jack, shredded (optional)
1Heat stock, chicken, corn and dried herbs in a large saucepan. Simmer about 5 minutes until the corn is cooked and the dried herbs are soft (rehydrated).
2Season to taste with salt and pepper. If using fresh cilantro, add it just before serving.
3Optionally serve with grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese on top.