Caldo De Pollo (Chicken Soup)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 - 4 pound chicken, cut into pieces, skinned
- 2 qt
- chicken broth or water
- chili peppers, anaheim or new mexico
- 2 large
- potatoes, cubed
- 2 - 3
- ears corn, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium
- onion, quartered
- zucchini, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- ribs celery, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic. chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/3 c
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1In a large pot, cover chicken breasts with broth and bring to a boil. Add water if necessary so that liquid covers chicken by 1 inch.
2Cook for 15 minutes, skimming off any fat that floats to the surface.
3Add seeded and diced chiles (be sure to wear rubber gloves and don't touch your face).
4Add potatoes, corn, onion, celery, carrots and seasonings. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
5Add zucchini and adjust salt and pepper, if necessary. Continue simmering until vegetables are tender.