SAUSAGE & MINESTRONE SOUP...Now Thats, ITALIAN!
Nancy J. Patrykus
Womans World Magazine in 2010.
It is a delicious and satisfying little soup to have on a blustery day...like today! Brrrrrr!!
When ever I make it I double the recipe, and freeze what is not eaten that day.
It is always nice to be able to grab a bag from the freezer,and have supper already made. HA!
More time for.....exercising.
Likeshopping with the girls!! LOL
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- sweet italian sausage....links
- 3 c
- chopped fresh vegetables,..celery, onion &carrots
- black pepper
- 3 can(s)
- (14.5-oz) each , diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
- 1 c
- small pasta, such as ditalini
- 1 can(s)
- ( 19-oz) ,red kidney beans..rinsed and drained.
- 2 can(s)
- (14-1/2 oz) each, fat free chicken broth
- cooking spray
heat over medium heat-high heat.
Add sausage;cook,turning, until browned,
4- 6 minutes.
Remove pot from heat.
Cut sausage into 1/4 inch thick slices;
return to pot over medium heat.
Cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink,
3-5 minutes; discard fat.
and 1/4 teas.black pepper;
cook stirring ocasionally,
until vegetables are just tender