Great Vegetable Summer (or Winter) Soup
You can add anything you want to add, or leave out anything you do not want to add.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pound hamburger meat
- pound sausage
- medium onion, chopped, vidalia is my suggestion
- 15 oz. can of corn, undrained + 1 can of water
- 15 oz. can of peas, undrained + 1 can of water
- 15 oz. can lesueur tender baby carrots, undrained + 1 can of water
- 15 oz. can chopped stewed tomatoes, undrained + 1 can or water
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce w/mushrooms, or 1 can of plain tomato sauce, undrained + 1 can of water
- tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- tablespoon sugar
- optional - to your taste: tabasco sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- other suggestions: lima beans, diced potatoes, chopped cabbage, but do not add until end of cooking, or could add 1/2 to 1 bag frozen okra, added last 15 minutes of cooking time.
1In a large soup pot, brown/saute 1 pound hamburger meat, sausage, and chopped onions.
2Add each of the canned ingredients (above) + 1 can each of water.
3Add Worcestershire Sauce.
5Add to your taste, Tabasco, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
6While bringing the mixture to a light boil, stir ingredients and juices for a couple of minutes.
7Once a light boiling point has been reached, cut the oven eye down to Simmer. Simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes. The longer this soup simmers, the more the flavors marry with one another.
8Excellent to serve with cornbread or Frito chips.
9Refrigerate leftovers, if there are any!