Cowboy Steak n Veggie Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- beef sirloin steak, boneless (1 inch thick)
- 1 tsp
- dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 can(s)
- ready to serve beef broth (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 jar(s)
- chunky style salsa or picante
- 1 pkg
- frozen green beans,potatoes,onion and red peppers (1 lb bag)
- 1 can(s)
- great northern beans,drained,rinsed
- 1 c
- torn fresh spinach
- fresh basil,parsley or cilantro
1Cut beef into 1/4 inch thick strips;cut each strip into 1 inch pieces. In medium bowl,combine beef,basil,salt,pepper,garlic and oil; toss to coat.
2Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef mixture;cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
3Stir in broth,salsa and vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low;simmer 10 minutes.
4Stir in beans. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in spinach. Garnish each serving of soup with fresh basil.