White Bean Chowder
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 can(s)
- 15.5 oz. each white northern beans
- 1 c
- finely chopped (food processor) carrots
- 4 oz
- softened cream cheese
- 1 pt
- half and half or more as needed for consistency
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped onions
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, cooked finely chopped, reserve drippings
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, plus garnish
1Chop carrots finely by hand, or use a food processor for better consistency for quick cooking. Cook bacon, reserve drippings, and chop finely.
2In a stock pot combine the Northern beans, carrots, cream cheese, chicken broth, half and half, reserved bacon drippings and onions. Bring up to temp. before adding cheddar cheese and bacon.
3When up to temp. (150') add the cheddar cheese and bacon. When cheese is melted, you are ready to serve! Garnish with cheddar cheese.