New Year's Black-Eyed Pea and Pepper Rice Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 can(s)
- black eyed peas with jalapenos
- 1 c
- white or brown rice
- 1 can(s)
- diced mexican tomatoes
- 1/2 can(s)
- diced green chilis or 3/4 cup diced fresh green chilis
- 4 Tbsp
- onion powder or 3/4 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder or one clove diced garlic
- 3 - 4 c
- 2 c
- vegetable or chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
1Put all of the ingredients in a crock pot or large sauce pan and stir well!
2When the rice is done the soup is done!
3Adjust the water for thinner or thicker soup.
Add fresh jalapenos if you would like. You can also increase the chopped chilies to your taste. I used "minute" rice, but you can use regular as well and add more if you want a heartier soup. I served mine with diced avocados and grated cheese on top. I am sure ground beef in this would be good too.