Caldo Gallego-Collard Green Soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- onion, cut in to medium sized chunks
- cloves of garlic, smashed & chopped
- small ham steak, cubed
- potato, diced into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- chorizo (4 spanish, sliced & 3 mexican,out of casing)
- 8 c
- 16 oz
- bag of white beans
- 1 large
- bunch of fresh collard greens, cleaned and chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- vinegar, optional (acv or rw)
1Generously coat bottom of pot with olive oil, add next 6 ingredients. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, add remaining ingredients, continue cooking on medium to low heat until beans and collards are tender.
2note: Chorizo! I use BOTH Spanish & Mexican. However either one is optional. The Mexican Chorizo must be removed out of the plastic casing. It adds a lot of flavor and mixes well through out the soup.
3note: Can be made with out the chorizo, if you wish for a vegetarian soup. You can also use can beans & can/frozen collards if you wish. 3 cans of each, 1 bag of collards, or 2, depending on size. The potato is also optional. I like vinegar in this soup, some do not. More or less may be added.